Top 10 Reasons It’d be Awesome to have a Dragon as a Pet in the 21st Century
This is a guest post by CP Bialois
Hello everyone! I want to thank the wonderful Emlyn Chand for allowing me to usurp control of her blog for the day to promote my latest release, The Sword and the Flame: The Purging, coming September 6, 2012 coming to an amazon.com near you.
Since my book has to do with a giant red dragon attempting to awake and rule the world of Pyrain, we began thinking about what would it be like to have a dragon as a pet in our world. In putting together this list, I have been forced to accept I have a unique sense of humor. So without further ado, here’s my Top 10 Reasons It’d be Awesome to have a Dragon as a Pet in the 21st Century.
1. Have a problem with bullies? Not anymore. Not only would a dragon chase them away, but he’d eat your enemies in a single gulp. Not bad, huh?
2. If you live where the winters get cold, your dragon could light a fire for you to keep warm, saving you money on your heating bill. Or burn down your house, either way you won’t go cold.
3. If you have a microwave or oven, it can be difficult to cook your meals when the power goes out, but with a dragon, you’d have a never ending source of fire to cook your meals. Fair warning, they may be a little burned.
4. If you like to travel then dragon air is the way to go. What better way to enjoy a flight than on the back of your very own dragon?
5. Have a guard dog or security system? You won’t need either of them with a dragon. Who in their right mind would even think about breaking into your house if you have a dragon? Seriously?
6. Think of all the millions you can make through television appearances with your dragon! At the very least, you could perform in local carnivals for the kids to enjoy.
7. Let’s not forget their magical abilities. Want new sneakers? Done. Want a knew house? Done. Anything and everything you could ever want could be yours. If, and I do mean IF, your dragon wants to. They are quite intelligent you know.
8. Ever dream about being the king and having everything thrown at your feet? With a dragon as your pet, you can do that and more. So long as another dragon or powerful magician isn’t in the area.
9. Don’t you hate it when things are on a higher shelf and out of your reach? When they’re young and the size of a dog, your dragon can get those items for you through magic or flying up for it. No more using step stools or falling after losing your balance.
10. This is the most important reason of all. Ready? Dragons are freaking cool! Why would anyone NOT want a pet dragon? It’d be the most awesome thing in history!
Okay, don’t worry, I’m calm now. If you have your own list or think I missed one please feel free to leave a comment. I’d be more than happy to talk about dragons and other fantasy creatures with you all.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visiting with me and Thanks again to Emlyn Chand for giving me this opportunity. Have a great day my friends.
About The Sword and the Flame: The Purging
From the dawn of their world, dragons have fought to control all those they deemed beneath them. With Pyrian on the brink of destruction, peace was found and the dragons returned to their hidden burrows to sleep until the world was ready for them to return. One, a giant red dragon, has planned for his own release for hundreds of years. Will Berek and his friends prevent the end of their world or will the great Fyrelynx rise to rule the land?